The Christmas Playlist


Do you have any big, exciting plans for Christmas this year? I don't, and I'm honestly looking forward to curling up on the sofa and having a Netflix Movie Marathon for the next two weeks. If that sounds like heaven to you, then here's some movies/TV shows/documentaries to enjoy over the Christmas period.

My fav rom-com: The Holiday
I watch this film literally all year round however it is Christmas themed,  written and directed by Nancy Myers and it stars Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet (her accent is my favourite), Jack Black and Jude Law. Without giving too much away, two women swap homes for the Christmas period and it's about their stay in their new house. Most of the time its on terrestrial television as well as on DVD.

TV Series: Made in Chelsea
At the moment I'm really into Made in Chelsea which follows the lives of a group of people living in Chelsea who are all very rich (what I wouldn't do to live like them..) Series 3,4 and 5 are on Netflix and all series can be bought on Amazon Prime. Also its on 40D/ 'E'

The Unmissable Documentary: Marina Abramovic - The Artist is Present
Someone recommended this and I am so glad they did, it's really incredible. The documentary follows the life of Marina Abramovic, as the performance artist produces her ground-breaking 2010 exhibition at the museum of modern art in New York. Even if you are not familiar with her work its still worth a watch. The documentary is both fascinating and moving.

The not strictly Christmas Film: Memoirs of a Geisha
A few months ago, I read the book of 'Memoirs of a Geisha' and found it amazing, when I was Ill a few weeks later I excitedly found it on Netflix, and honestly it was really good. Although the book is better and should defiantly be read before to understand the film better, the film was fantastic.

The Christmas Comedy: Elf
My dad and sister watch this all year round and it wasn't till recently I watched it all the way through and I gave to say it is very funny, defiantly a film to get you in the Christmas spirit. Starring Will Ferrell as Buddy.

In Cinemas At the Moment: Paddington Bear
I watched this yesterday and It was better than I thought it would be, I actually really want some marmalade sandwiches now, the characters in it are all played perfectly, I love Mrs Brown, she's very sweet and Julie Walters who plays the nan is hilarious, a must see for all ages.

Okay, so I realize half of these aren't strictly Christmas themed, but none the less all of them are worth the watch. Have a merry Christmas everyone :)

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment