2014 Best Dressed

There are few things I like more than discussing red carpet trends and other occasions fashion, and as we come to an end of another year, I thought I'd compile a short list of 2014's best dressed celebrities. I've thought long and hard over my choices, and hope you agree they deserve a space on the list.

 Olivia Palmero has a fantastic style including an array of patterned dresses and beautiful clutches. I love her skirt paired with the top in this outfit and the subbtle green goes well with her skin and hair colour. I think the patterned shoes compliment the top half perfectly. Her style is both unique and fresh and I've loved it this year.
Jessica Alba's outfit was very elegent without being a dress. The detailing on the outsides of the jacket which where patched leather added a feminie toughness to the suit and the actor/models shoes complimented it all well.
I can't quite put my finger on why I love Kierra Knitleys look for the Film Festival so much, I guess it's the choice of colour and pattern of this Valentino piece paired with a perfect belt and heels. Even though Kierra has been in several new releases this year she is fairly under the radar, it seems. The twenty-nine year old has switched between Valentino, Chanel, Michael Van der Ham and Erdem and never looked better, it seems good taste doesn't guarantee newspaper headlines.
Zooey Deschanel's patterned dress for the Vanity Fairs Oscars Party honestly took my breath away when I saw the picture, I loved the way it has tiered waterfall ruffles touching the floor and the simple bag goes well with such an eye-catching dress. Many of her other dress' caught on camera are breath taking also. 
Embellishment made a big return in the evening Academy Awards, Cate Blanchett turned out especially well in this nude strapless dress with swarovski crystals, which made her stand out but the colour wasn't in your face. I thought this dress was beautifully pulled off.
Camilla Alves (plus her husband Mathew McConaughy) have walked every notable red carpet this year and never failed to wear something lovely, I believe this is because she isn't afraid to take risks and has the confidence to pull it off. My favourite being her George Hobeika suit and matching cape, pictured above which she wore to the Instrellar Premiere in London. The model and designer's outfit here is simple yet stunning, the subbtle colour paired with the green toned heels work well not to be to plain or in your face. 
Lea Michelle wore the Oscar de la Renta dress pictured above to the the Hollywood Reporter Powerful Women Luncheon which was a favourite of mine, as I've always believed few can go wrong with a Navy, the puffed bottom added something to the patterned dress and her choice of purse brought out the flowers even more, the nail colour matched the buds and the way the dress looked on her not only complimented her skin making her look radiant but her figure also.
Ah, Black Lively, she has done well these past years with Gossip Girl under her belt she is now focusing on several othe projects including being the prettiest pregnant women (her baby is due January 8th!!!) and several adverts. None the less the fashion icon never fails to impress, her red carpet outfits are always my favourite. For example in this dress worn on the red carpet- stunning. 
Haley Bennet in this grey Valentino dress which she wore to Valentino's Sala Blanca's Couture Show stunned everyone with the elgent sillohette and seafoam shade, there are little ruffles on the bottom, I love how the plunged V neck line doesn't take away any class from the look. 
Claire Danes in Givenchy was always going to be first on my list, the red dress paired with matching lips worked well with her skin tone and the detailing on the dress was stunning. The neckline, elongated her neck and made her look very elegant and the lace from the waistline went onto the top of her back as well. The outfit was worn to the Emmy awards.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment